Aug 5, 201101:17 PMIt's a Good Life
ARE WE STILL HAVING FUN?
I was thinking recently about how life can become a run away train for all of us. Is their things in Our Lives that exist that is fundamentally Life Giving? Do We have the time, or Most Importantly, Make the Time to Experience Simplicity in Our Lives. The fact is, Time just keeps moving forward with or without Us and if We are not Clear on Where We Are Going, We are just going, because We still move in some direction, whether it is where We want to go or not.
Katharine Hepburn once said, "I never loose sight of the fact, that just being is fun." We have so many things to fret about We do not need to create more. For me, I am looking at the following list, and asking Myself, "Where does these fit into my life?"
1. Don't take yourself so seriously. I laugh at myself a lot. It's just fun to know that I am not perfect.
2. Be in the Present. Just be where You are in this very moment. When You are One Place, don't Be some place else. You are not really enjoying what your doing at that time if you are.
3. Don't Sweat the Small Stuff. We've all heard this before. Life is to short. Just take it one step at a time and bite off small pieces. Otherwise it tends to get over whelming.
4. Have more Simplicity in Your Life. It is just nice to sit in the grass and look at the sky. To acknowledge the world in which We Live. To really Admire the creation around Us.
5. Have Fun. Really Laugh. It is healthy to really laugh out loud and hard.
A few weeks ago I got together with Steve and Kim Wannamaker and a group of friends and We made home made pizzas. We made tons of pizzas and ate, laughed and it was such a great time. I throughly enjoyed myself. And the simplicity of it. It's getting back to the basics and really enjoying Our Lives.
So ask Yourself, Are You Still Having Fun? Are You Really getting from Life what You Need to have Peace and Joy? Do You loose site of what is most important? Time does not stop for any of Us. The Time We Do Have, lets make it the most fullfilling to Our Lives. And remember, Have Fun! Until next time, Make it a Good Life!